Thursday, January 26, 2012

I live in a condo, I would like to view the minutes of the board meeting, is that allowed?

I was told by someone on the board I was not allowed to see them. They said any letters of complaint, or sensitive items were not to be viewed.I thought because I am an owner, I can see what happens at these meetings. Can someone help me out? thanksI live in a condo, I would like to view the minutes of the board meeting, is that allowed?
Technically, you should be able to view the minutes of the board meeting as well as a recap. However, items such as personal complaints and information pertaining to tenant specifics are pretty much off limits. Reason being, perhaps your neighbor does not like you and they habitially complain about various things you do... well if you receive that information from the condo association about your neighbors eronous complaints and then decide to harm your complaining neighbor in any form or fashion. You neighbor or next of kin can sue the association for negligence.I live in a condo, I would like to view the minutes of the board meeting, is that allowed?
HOAs are run cooperatively under normal circumstances. Refer to the rules you received when you bought the property. It would be very odd to have secret minutes, since usually these meetings must be open to the public.



If they have something to hide, you may need to have a lawyer send them a letter demanding they release the minutes.I live in a condo, I would like to view the minutes of the board meeting, is that allowed?
If a board goes into "executive session" no one who is not on the board can see the minutes. However, sounds to me like letters of complaint should be available. But, I'm not a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment