Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents for the first time and staying in their home: any general tips?

I'll be staying with my boyfriend at his home (with his parents) for a few days and I'm not really sure what to expect or what proper etiquette is. We've been together for over 3 months and this is the first time I'll be meeting his parents. We met in college and live about 5 hours away now. Anyone have general advice? I know to be myself, dress appropriately, show them I care about him and be polite, but I'm very nervous! Should I bring a gift?I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents for the first time and staying in their home: any general tips?
Offer to help with the dishes or with dinner. I know my mother would pay attention to that :D I think it would be nice to bring a small gift, like wine or chocolates. You'll do just fine! Just enjoy your time :)
If you dont know what kind of class they are then take diffrent kinds of clothes so you fit in, maybe bring a small gift like a bottle of wine or chocolates to give good first impressions.I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents for the first time and staying in their home: any general tips?
you could bring a hostess gift. something rather small but nice. um, if you are old enough (over 21 and they don't have a problem with alcohol) you could bring a nice bottle of wine or something like that.
yup! A Gift'd be a Nyc Gesture...

Don't be Nervous..

Show you Love %26amp; Care for their Son, just DO NOT get Caught havin sex with him.. Cause although they'll its okay.. It wont be..

%26amp; DONT suck up to them ALOT.. They'll sense it %26amp; think you're DESPERATE..I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents for the first time and staying in their home: any general tips?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Kw1DhJz鈥?/a>
Dont be mute, but the less you say, the better.

Try to avoid very opiniony topics if your not comfortable with confrontation

Just smile and be polite, theyll love ya
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Just be yourself. Sure bring something to ease the awkwardness.
smile a lot ask questions try to contribute. dress nicely not like a slut. try to look happy all the time. be honest. make sure his familly knows u love him :):)
Be yourself but don't try to sneak into his bed with him late at night.
Just send xmas card to them.. they thought you are more nice.. don't buy gift.. in case you never knew they don't want you.
urm..maybe like a bottle of wine or champaign . (:



sienna x

No comments:

Post a Comment