Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My son is with a Korean woman. Her mother is shy, not open to meeting me. Is there a gift to break the ice?

My son and his girlfriend live together and are planning on marriage. Her mother likes my son and I love her daughter. But she is very shy about meeting me. This is important to our children and thought an appropriate gift might encourage her to meet me. Any suggestions about what I can do?My son is with a Korean woman. Her mother is shy, not open to meeting me. Is there a gift to break the ice?
maybe a fruit basket
meet her greet her eat dinner lolMy son is with a Korean woman. Her mother is shy, not open to meeting me. Is there a gift to break the ice?
Bring a bag of oranges as a gift when meeting her.
Hi I'm Korean, so I thought i could comment on this. Korean women are just simply shy because of their traditions. They may not want to seem too outgoing, or maybe are uncomfortable with the English language. It can simply just be a language barrier. I can recommend just inviting her over the dinner one day, with her family and try your best to make sure she knows he won't be awkwardMy son is with a Korean woman. Her mother is shy, not open to meeting me. Is there a gift to break the ice?
Im also korean~ I will agree with the other answer-ee that its probally because of the language barrier. Traditionally the men do all the outside things for the family. Inviting them all over for a sit down dinner is probally a good idea to get to know one another in a relaxed enviroment. For my friends parents I usually end up getting them boxes of godiva wrapped in gold paper ~~;; Wraping gifts in gold is a tradition among koreans but not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment