Saturday, February 18, 2012

When I transfer to GATech, should I live on or off campus?

I am planning on transferring from GCSU to GATech... I am curious about how I should go about doing this. I don't know any one who goes there and don't know any one who lives in Atlanta. Would you recommend I live on Campus to get to know people, or are there any good places to meet people beside that.When I transfer to GATech, should I live on or off campus?
You should absolutely try living on campus first.



It is infinitely easier to make friends. You have instant access to campus amenities and events without having to get in a car or hop on a bus and go. Even if you live off-campus a short distance away, the time spent back and forth gets really old, very fast (trust me on this one! ;) )



Plus, living off campus means you need to not only juggle your college life but also things like making yourself meals, furnishing an apartment, renter's insurance, and all the other stuff that goes with it.



Try living on campus. There are all sorts of housing options (not just an 8 x 8 room). Hop on the GATech website and see if they have any unusual options that fit you.



It's just easier to live on campus, easier to connect with others, easier to get to the library and study, and many students really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment