Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What punk song did they play in the Elton John meets the King & Queen sketch on Saturday Night Live?

The lyrics said something about, "I don't want to be on the dole," and it was punk. The show aired 4/2/11. Does anyone know?What punk song did they play in the Elton John meets the King %26amp; Queen sketch on Saturday Night Live?
This is either a *very* obscure punk song, or they wrote it as a spoof of The Clash specifically for this skit, because I can't find it anywhere by Googling the lyrics:



Johnny's in a riot in the street

Windows smashed by the police

I'm bored of working in the factory

But I don't wanna be on the dole



Rudy took a ball to the face

And ??? rubbish bin

You won't find me at the disco

Hey Rod Stewart is the king of the fools



There's a riot in London

Do you like my clothes?

There's a riot in London on the radio

There's a war in Britain

Take a look at my clothes

Enjoy our music on the radio
The missing lyric is "And I set fire to a rubbish bin."

Report Abuse

What punk song did they play in the Elton John meets the King %26amp; Queen sketch on Saturday Night Live?
Not a Sham 69 song, as another poster stated. It's an original tune written for the skit. Fred Armisen is huge punk fan and former artist. He also wrote "Fistfight in the Parking Lot," which was featured in a sketch last season.

http://www.urb.com/2010/02/08/fred-armisens-punk-rock-past/

Report Abuse


http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/backstage/lyrics-to-riot-in-london-from-the-elton-visits-the-queen-sketch/

Report Abuse

What punk song did they play in the Elton John meets the King %26amp; Queen sketch on Saturday Night Live?
purdy sure its the sex pistols trying to find out right now
"I Don't Wanna" by Sham 69
I hope someone knows cause it's been bugging me that I can't find out since I watched that skit.

No comments:

Post a Comment