Sunday, February 12, 2012

This is the first time i will be meeting my boyfriend's family, do i bring a gift?

I live in AK and will be flying to MI to meet my bf's family prior to christmas. I arrive on the 21st and leave on the 24th. I will be staying with him at his parents home. What would be a good gift to bring as a thank you for the hospitality gift since i won't be there for Christmas? How much should i spend on it? I would rather not bring wine. I would like it to be just as good for his dad as his mom.This is the first time i will be meeting my boyfriend's family, do i bring a gift?
Bring something that is a speciality in your hometown area. maybe a cheese wheel or assorted jams baskets. Have fun !
In Europe we bring chocolateThis is the first time i will be meeting my boyfriend's family, do i bring a gift?
something for their home perhaps. nothing elaborate though. maybe a floral centerpiece or a special desert(once you get there of course) if you don't like the wine idea, how about something that's traditional from your area?
Bring some pretty scented candles for their house, or bake a cake or cookies or something that represents the holiday season. Or bring chocolate or candies.This is the first time i will be meeting my boyfriend's family, do i bring a gift?
Yes, it would be nice. These are PERFECT -- I bought them for my family a few years ago and they have asked for them each year since. They are cute, unique useful and more importantly AFFORDABLE! They are having a sale for the holidays.



I have also given them to friends, coworkers and used them for secret santas. Here is the website:



http://herculittles.com/home.htm



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment