Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I want to meet Steven King, I too live in Maine and write suspense. Any suggestions?

I recently started seriously writing a suspense novel. I have little faith in it but many who have read the sample like it and want more to read. I want to meet Steven King....I know his home is in Maine, and I am a fellow Mainer as well as he. Are there any Steven King fans in here who have a good site to refer me to so I can start my journey? Thanks!I want to meet Steven King, I too live in Maine and write suspense. Any suggestions?
1. Good luck on your book writing!! Have fun....



2. As far as meeting Mr. King, I can't help you. But! I do think you could write to him. The fact that you are an aspiring writer and admire his style is a compliment to him and his ability to write. I'm sure he wouldn't mind hearing from you and he might even have some good advice for you. Look into finding his addy and write to him. If you can't find one, you can send your letter to his publisher, they will forward your letter on to him. Hope you achieve your dream of meeting him someday....
Thanks! And you're very welcome. Good luck.....



Brenda

Report Abuse

I want to meet Steven King, I too live in Maine and write suspense. Any suggestions?
Don't hold your breath waiting for a response. Do you have any idea how many people pester King for advice and ask him to read their stuff? Leave him alone.

Report Abuse


It's Stephen King. Go to his site below and good luck on your writings!I want to meet Steven King, I too live in Maine and write suspense. Any suggestions?
He lives in Bangor, ME in a Gothic-style house...which seems fitting considering the types of books he writes. He and his wife (also an author) use to open their house to the public during Halloween, but have since discontinued the tradition the past couple of years. The best place to start would be to write a letter to him, asking him for writing tips, etc.
He throws a big public halloween party every year, just show up.
If it is something that you really want to do, I think you should go for it. But first you should try to send him an email or write him a letter.
find where he is doing a book signing and give him your story
What was your name again? I think I should pass it on to Steven King. Atleast this way he has a heads up that he has a potential stalker and can file for a restraining order.
Respect the man by spelling his name correctly: Stephen King, not Steven King.



He has enough things on his plate; he doesn't need to have his ears talked off by fans and wannabe writers.



If you want to become a writer, you're on your own. I hear his book "On Writing" is good, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment