Saturday, February 18, 2012

Which cities or towns in the northeast are amongst the best places to live and buy a home?

I'm from NYC, I just moved back here from Los Angeles because I want to be closer to my family. Still, I don't want to stay in NYC. (I do love my home, but it's not cost effective for me to remain a resident) I just want to live close by. Any ideas on where I can find some affordable real estate (ie: 50 - 150,000 range) in other cities or towns nearby --maybe like two to three hours away? I'm looking for decent, well-rounded places that offer a multitude of options. Smaller towns are ok, but they shouldn't be microscopic. I'm still young (in my lae 20's) so there would have to be an 20 - 30's crowd, some sort of nightlife or places to meet people.Which cities or towns in the northeast are amongst the best places to live and buy a home?
As a native from LA now living in the NYC metro area also in my late 20's, I understand where you're coming from. Real estate here is on par with So Cal, but its the property taxes that really makes things so unaffordable. This is why my boyfriend and I have been looking in Albany as a potential for buying. You can pick up a house for as low as $35k (obviously not in the greatest area) and can find some nice properties for $150k with taxes that won't force you to live on ramen noodles. The downside is trying to find employment there- its primarily govn't work and seems you have to "know" people to get your foot in the door. Nightlife there is pretty good and varied from what I've seen and experienced. My boyfriend went to SUNY Albany and has had good things to say about it. So there's my two cents! All the best in finding something that suits!
Go back to LA, everything is exspensive hereWhich cities or towns in the northeast are amongst the best places to live and buy a home?
Move to Long Island, NY. There are nice communties everywhere. Close to beaches and night life. In Nassau county you are 45 minutes to Manhattan by train.



see link if you are buying a house
Come back to the city of Angels we miss you, there are affordable housing all around here, in Long Beach and other cities.Which cities or towns in the northeast are amongst the best places to live and buy a home?
Check out the City of Newburgh, NY. A few reasons.



A little over an hour from Grand Central from Beacon train station.



Great waterfont - hot - nightlife.



City is undergoing revitalization and in some historic areas the Feds are giving a motgage with 1% down and low interest rates for home ownership. The houses are late 1800's brick to earlier 1920's.



The waterfront is affluent (mostly white) while the city is minority with some areas being not so sweet.



Can still get a home for uner $200K.



Best

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment